Friday, August 15, 2014

Making Changes

The way that I've run things up to now is by filling orders on a made to order basis. Which means that I don't have much in the way of stock sitting around waiting to be sold (well, I have lots of ribbon waiting to be made into things, but that's a different story). A lot of times I make things once, take a photo to post on my page and then it gets ordered multiple times after that. Not that this is a bad thing, but there are times when I get asked if I just have something in stock ready to go and 9 times out of 10 I don't. That needs to change.

This year Hip-Bow-Potamus Designs has grown a lot through hard work and perseverance. I'm very grateful for all that I've been able to accomplish thus far. I want to continue making changes that will be a benefit to both myself and my customers. So here is what I want to work on for the remainder of the year...I want to have a base of RTS items of the most popular themes and bow styles. I'm still going to accept orders for made to order items and of course custom orders (since those are my specialty after all), but I'd really like to have more things ready to sell. Overall my goal is to create a faster turnaround time and I believe that this will help.

I've started a RTS (Ready To Ship/Sell) album on my Facebook page where I will be keeping photos of all my ready made items. I'm going to stay on top of the number of items that are left to sell and hopefully keep a continuous base of items that are ready to go. I'm completely open to suggestions as to what you, my customers, would like to see in this album and every time I sit down to work on RTS items I will create those as well.


Here are a few new items I've come up with that are currently available RTS:





My number one goal is to keep my customers happy and I'm hoping that this change will help me succeed in that goal. :)

Cheers!
-Sarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment